OSG priority bills moving forward!
Many of our priority bills have been reported favorably out of Committees. Click here to see Solid Ground’s legislative agenda.
- An Act Relative to Interagency Efforts to Reduce and Prevent Homelessness
- This bill creates a memorandum of understanding between different state agencies to share data and improve service delivery for households with lower income.
- This bill was reported out favorably by Joint Committee on Housing and is now pending with House Committee on Ways and Means.
- An Act Relative to Economic Mobility and Stability Program
- This bill establishes a commission to study self-sufficiency programs and impact of cliff effects to adjust the programs for economic mobility.
- This bill was reported out favorably by Joint Committee on Housing and is pending with Joint Committee on Rules.
- An Act Relative to Production and Preservation of Housing for Low & Moderate Income Households
- This bill invests $1.7 billion through capital budget in affordable housing over 5 years.
- The House passed the bill. It is now pending in the Senate Bonding Committee.
- An Act Relative to Immediate Childcare Assistance
- Reported out favorably by Joint Committee on Education and pending in Senate Committee on Ways and Means
Please contact the legislators from the respective Committees and ask them to support the important legislations that help address cliff effects.
The Budget season has commenced with the Governor’s budget coming out in January. Click here for On Solid Ground’s budget priorities.
Two new OSG reports are out!
- Reference Guide: Identifying Policy Levers to Improve the Massachusetts System of Supports for Low-Income Families. Center for Social Policy, UMass Boston and On Solid Ground Coalition, Feb 2018.
- Analyzing the Massachusetts Public Assistance System: Measuring Coverage Gaps. Center for Social Policy, UMass Boston, On Solid Ground Coalition, Boston Area Research Initiative, Feb 2018.
We are very proud to welcome our newest Coalition member, Asian American Civic Association! Asian American Civic Association serves and advocates for the needs of immigrants and other economically disadvantaged people through education, occupational training and social services enabling them to realize lasting economic self-sufficiency. We are so grateful to be able to include this organization to our Coalition.
Our next Full Coalition meeting is on Friday, March 9th, 9.30 am – 11.00 am at EMPath (1 Washington Mall, Boston). The focus of the meeting is Understanding Challenges and Successes of System Coordination. We shall be hosting Roger Herzog from CEDAC and Florence Juillard from DHCD to talk about the implementation of Memorandum of Understanding and the current cross-agency coordination efforts between state agencies. Stay tuned for On Solid Ground emails on the meeting agenda and materials.
The Commonwealth Workforce Coalition Sharing Skills-Building Connections Conference (CWC) by Center for Social Policy
CWC Registration is now open! Register here!
The theme this year is Advancing Equity. In addition to stimulating workshops featuring many of our On Solid Ground coalition members including EMPath, Homes for Families, and WayFinders, our speakers will be Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development Secretary Rosalin Acosta and General Manager of MGM Springfield Casino Resort Spa Alex Dixon. The conference will be held on May 3rd, 2018 at the College of Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass. Click here for more details or email email@example.com.
Early bird registration ends on April 4th.