Make Your Voice heard !
There are many ways to take action and advocate for homelessness prevention and system coordination. Below are a few. Voice your concerns and advocate for policies that drive change. Click here to advocate NOW!
Attend hearings, legislative briefings and provide your testimony in support. Keep track of important committee hearing dates. Testify in person or provide a written testimony in support of a bill. Click here to see our testimonies.
Upcoming Hearings on On Solid Ground Priority Bills:
- Senate Budget Debate – Week of May 21st
- House Budget Debate – 4th week of April
- FY19 House Announces Budget – April 11th
- February 2, 2018: Hearing at the State House, room A-1, 1 pm on An Act financing the production and preservation of housing for low and moderate income residents
- November 21, 2017: Hearing at the State House, room A-1, 1 pm on An Act Providing Immediate Child Care Assistance to Homeless Families
- August 22, 2017: Hearing at the State House on An Act Relative to Interagency Efforts to Reduce and Prevent Homelessness & An Act Relative to the Economic Mobility and Stability Program
Join us at the Coalition meetings:
The Coalition meets every other month to educate, share information and data, network, develop policy, and coordinate advocacy efforts. Sign up to get meeting updates and info. Next meeting date posted on the side bar. See you there!
Contact Your Legislator
Click here to find out who is your elected official or legislator. Contact your legislator or their staff to advocate for a legislation or a budget item or to bring light to an issue facing you or your community.
Tell Your Story!
Personal stories have an impact and help drive the message forward. Tell your story to your legislator in relation to a bill or a budget item, inform them about how its affects you and what impact the legislation or budget item will have on you or your community.
Make a Phone Call: Calls to legislators are an effective way for advocacy. Ask to talk to the legislator of your district or their staff.
Write an Email: Writing an email to your legislator allows for better information exchange about a legislation or budget items in detail.
Meet with the Legislator: Request to meet with the legislator on phone or email. At the meeting, talk about challenges regarding housing/ healthcare/ homelessness/ childcare and others in relation to the advocacy ask. Tell your story and ask the legislator to support the bill or budget item
Sign-Up on Email Alerts
Stay informed by signing up for email alerts that include advocacy information, legislative events, educational workshops, research & reports, latest updates and strategy meeting information.
Also sign-up for action alerts of our organizations: